Tuesday, September 11, 2007

myDailyBlessings

About six months before my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer she began a journal in which she wrote down at least 5 things she found good in that day. This proved especially helpful as she pursued surgery and cancer treatments that wore her out and taxed her emotionally. Every day she would write a brief entry in what she called her Grateful Journal.

It's very easy to journal about things that are difficult or challenging, but looking back I am inspired by my mom's Grateful Journal. Instead of reading about all the hard and bad things in her life at that time, I enjoy reading the blessings she counted. Her list of blessings help her remember that there is always something to be thankful for.

Today my mom's blessings remind me to count the good in my life, especially when the bad is easier to see. Try changing your perspective by beginning a Grateful Journal of your own.

Here are my blessings today:
  1. My puppy let me sleep in today
  2. I took a good walk with my puppy and it wasn't too hot
  3. Enjoying blogging as a new outlet and excuse to learn
  4. Water is back on! :)
  5. It's getting dark earlier and cool at night.

What are your blessings?

A Special Note:

It's hard to commemorate a day in history that many wish never happened, but today, on September 11th, a Tuesday, I honor those military and safety service men and woman who have served and given their life to defend our country to this day. God bless America and those who stand for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You want to know what I remember about your mom when she had cancer?!
Her boob party she had to celebrate.
She had the best attitude about her cancer. I loved how she made it an adventure instead of a disease. She was a neat woman who left impressions on many.